User reported they could open a 2007 InfoPath form from the library/list view, but couldn't open the link from Outlook or copying the URL into another/new browser tab. The errors seen where either:
- The form has been closed
- The following file is not a valid InfoPath form template
We knew the template/form itself was valid because brand new forms were working correctly.
How did we fix it?
- In right side "Available Views" for the library, click "Relink Documents"
- From "Template Link" column, click right dropdown list icon and you'll see the one or more templates appear as options >> this is your first clue this is where the problem arises...there should only be 1
- A correct link should simply end in "/Forms/templates.xsn"
- You can verify this link/URL by going to the Form Library Settings >> Advanced Settings
- Have a look @ the "Template URL:" value (you can double click + Copy the URL)
- Paste this URL into Notepad
- Notice URL should be similar to "site/Forms/template.xml"
- Back to "Relink Documents" view >> Template Link column
- Clicking one of the 2+ values in this particular library shows at the end of the VERY LONG & INCORRECT template link we can see the problem starting just after the initial "/Forms/template.xsn" where the string begins "?SaveLocation=http://*"
- There should be nothing with "?SaveLocation"
- To fix a particular row check the "Relink" checkbox, then the button/link named "Relink Selected Documents" at the left top area of the data rows.
- Users should now be able to open the link from Outlook, new browser tab, etc.
**** How did it get this way?
Make sure users have the IE add-on SharePointOpenXMLDocument enabled.