Sol Web Solutions Blog
Sol Web Solutions Blog is aimed to help, inform, educate and enable our site visitors.
InfoPath "The form has been closed." or "The following file is not a valid InfoPath form template".
User reported they could open a 2007 InfoPath form from the library/list view, but couldn't open the link from Outlook or copying the URL into another/new browser tab. The errors seen where either:
- The form has been closed
- The following file is not a valid InfoPath form template
We knew the template/form itself was valid because brand new forms were working correctly.
How did we fix it?
- In right side "Available Views" for the library, click "Relink Documents"
- From "Template Link" column, click right dropdown list icon and you'll see the one or more templates appear as options >> this is your first clue this is where the problem arises...there should only be 1
- A correct link should simply end in "/Forms/templates.xsn"
- You can verify this link/URL by going to the Form Library Settings >> Advanced Settings
- Have a look @ the "Template URL:" value (you can double click + Copy the URL)
- Paste this URL into Notepad
- Notice URL should be similar to "site/Forms/template.xml"
- Back to "Relink Documents" view >> Template Link column
- Clicking one of the 2+ values in this particular library shows at the end of the VERY LONG & INCORRECT template link we can see the problem starting just after the initial "/Forms/template.xsn" where the string begins "?SaveLocation=http://*"
- There should be nothing with "?SaveLocation"
- To fix a particular row check the "Relink" checkbox, then the button/link named "Relink Selected Documents" at the left top area of the data rows.
- Users should now be able to open the link from Outlook, new browser tab, etc.
**** How did it get this way?
Make sure users have the IE add-on SharePointOpenXMLDocument enabled.